Wednesday, March 29, 2017

It's Been a While...

Hey everyone!,
   
     I know it's definitely been a while since I've posted anything and there's a good reason for that, I promise! I have had a very crazy week, and it's finally starting to turn around (knock on wood). I've had the flu for 2 weeks, started college, and hit a car at work. Finally, now that things are beginning to calm down, I can talk to you guys! So for this post I wasn't sure what recipe I wanted to share with you, but then it dawned on me that the seasons are changing and it's time for something Springy! So today I'm sharing my SUPER easy vinegar slaw recipe ! This is so healthy and low in calories! Three's no mayonnaise in it as opposed to regular coleslaw. Also, I HATE raw onions, so there are none in my recipe. However, if you would like to add them please feel free!

Homemade Springy Vinegar Coleslaw

1 Pkg Coleslaw mix (or prepare the cabbage and carrots yourself)
1 cup shredded apples (preferably granny smiths)
1/4 cup Splenda
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1.2 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Directions:

1. Combine shredded apples with the coleslaw mix in a large bowl.
2. in a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients and pour over top of the coleslaw mixture. Be sure to mix well.
3.  Allow the mixture to site in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving. 



                                                                                      Keep Reading,

                                                                                                 -WholesomeMama

No comments:

Post a Comment